Monday, May 2, 2011

Q: How do robins pick a spot to put a nest?

A: Wherever Batman tells me. He's the boss, after all, and I serve, and live, at his pleasure, as he constantly reminds me. For a while there, my "nest" as you call it, was a bed, a king sized bed, with silk sheets and soft, fluffy pillows, located in one of the nicer rooms in Wayne Manor. That was a good time. Batman was nicer then, drinking less, he laughed sometimes. Once, I caught him watching an old episode of Mama's Family. He noticed me, and changed the channel to something more suitable, a news program, a show about finance, something more fitting his stature. But I knew, and I understood. That cape and cowl weigh heavy on head. Even Batman needs a break every now and then. 

Those breaks are less frequent now.

As you might have noticed, I no longer sleep in the house, nor the back yard, nor that wonderful fort Batman built in that old tree, but here, in the cave, The Bat Cave, high on a wet rock, vermin my only friend. Batman doesn't have a lot of free time these days, which means that I don't have a lot of free time. Always on call, always ready to fight. He's more popular than ever, in print, on screen, everywhere. He hasn't slept in weeks. He's losing his grip. The other day he nearly beat the Calendar Man to death, not for any wrongdoing, but for a typo in one of his taunting notes. The Batman expects perfection from everyone, even his foes. You can imagine what he expects from me.

But, as I said, I understand. 

So I don't put up much of a fight when he asks me to sleep in the yard, or the cave, or tells me to make my nest in the center of City Hall, to keep an eye on corruption. I do whatever he tells me. All in all, as exhausting and unstable a life I lead, it still beats not being Robin. Before, when I attacked a man, society judged and shunned me. Now, I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, beat whomever I want, take whatever I want, and society rewards me, strangers applaud. All I have to do is point and say "Villain" and no one asks any questions. I'd say the good far outweighs the bad.

I hope I answered your question. Now, why don't you finish that drink and take off your clothes. Batman's going to be back soon and I am not allowed to have visitors in the Cave. If you want to do it on the Batmobile, we'd better get started. 

About Me

My photo
Ryan Callahan has written, produced, or directed shows for ABC, A&E, SHowtime, The CW, TVLand, Animal Planet and other networks even lower on your dial. When not making TV, or writing fake answers, he reads books, buys books, or buys books to read later. Follow WikiFakeAnswers on Twitter and Facebook