Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Q: How can your investment strategy change as you near retirement?

A: When I was younger, my strategy was "Don't invest. Investing is for suckers. I'm not going to live past 40 anyway."  I spent all my money on booze and women and drugs. I just wasted the rest of it.

I drank everything I could, smoked everything I could, snorted everything I could. I slept with anyone, man, woman, young, old, hot, plain, I didn't care. I slept with anything, sex-dolls, goats, fish, computers, vacuum cleaners. I didn't care. I wanted to do it all. I figured I'd experience everything life had to offer or die trying.

Well, I've pretty much done it all. And I'm not dead. Thanks to advances in modern medicine, I have a new liver, heart, spleen, lungs, kidneys and stomach. They took the stomach from a cow. It's a freaking miracle.

I shouldn't be alive right now. Seriously, I shouldn't. I haven't saved any money. I don't know how I am going to pay for all this. I didn't think things through.

So these days I have a new investment strategy. I plan to get a job as a security guard at a big corporation, slip and fall down some stairs, and collect a huge settlement. I have a big interview today. Wish me luck.

Excuse me?

What?

Seriously?

This is the interview?  I'm having it right now?

What time is it?

Where did the day go?

What did I do all day?

How did I get here?

I probably shouldn't have told you about that settlement plan. That seems like a mistake.

Boy, untreated syphilis really does a number on the old noggin.

About Me

My photo
Ryan Callahan has written, produced, or directed shows for ABC, A&E, SHowtime, The CW, TVLand, Animal Planet and other networks even lower on your dial. When not making TV, or writing fake answers, he reads books, buys books, or buys books to read later. Follow WikiFakeAnswers on Twitter and Facebook