Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Q: How thick is the ice of where the penguins live?

A: Now that I think about it, thick. Really thick. Probably six or seven feet.

In retrospect, we should have armed Lt. Ivers with more than a steak knife. He'll probably need a drill or something. Good thing we gave him that scuba tank with the extra capacity.

Why didn't we give him a scuba kit with extra capacity?

I swear we had one. What happened to it?

Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember losing it in a poker game, but thought that was a dream.  Oh, well, let's hope Ivers can hold his breath. I'm sure he can; Eskimos have the most amazing lung capacity.

Then which one is the Eskimo?

Well, then, we should probably recruit some Eskimos. Hard to expect me to wage a war on penguins without a single Eskimo under my command.

We aren't waging a war on penguins? Really? Then why did I send Lt. Ivers - oh, wait, I remember, that was the dream. Poker game, real. War on penguins, dream. I'm going to start writing these things down. Just as soon as I learn to write.

When you write the condolence letter to the family of Lt. Ivers, please don't mention the war on penguins. Or the poker game. Or all that money he loaned me. Or my drinking. Or my being dangerously unfit for command. Best keep it simple, something like:

                                Dear Widow,
                                I regret to inform you that your husband, Lt. Hamilton Ivers,
                                went mad and threatened to build a nuclear weapon, tunnel to
                                the center of the Earth and destroy the world. (Obviously he
                                also intended to create and build some sort of super tunneling
                                machine) We had choice but to drown him. You are welcome.

                                                                                                   Sincerely,
                                                                                                   America

Include a Best Buy gift card, and that autographed photo of Judge Judy we keep in the game room. I'm tired of her staring at me all day.

Now let's celebrate the life of Lt. Ivers in the only way I'll allow: a Russian Roulette tournament.

About Me

My photo
Ryan Callahan has written, produced, or directed shows for ABC, A&E, SHowtime, The CW, TVLand, Animal Planet and other networks even lower on your dial. When not making TV, or writing fake answers, he reads books, buys books, or buys books to read later. Follow WikiFakeAnswers on Twitter and Facebook