Monday, July 18, 2011

Q: What does you got it from a horses mouth mean?

A: You're thinking of the expression "Straight from the horse's mouth," as in "I got this straight from the horse's mouth," an expression that means "straight from the source," or "directly from an involved party."

That's not what I said.

I said, "I got this Boba Fett action figure from a horse's mouth." Then I held up the action figure. Then I pointed to the horse, so there would be no confusion. I think the meaning is pretty clear: I got this Boba Fett action figure from that horse's mouth.

My father gave me this Boba Fett action figure on his deathbed. He told me it was the most important thing in his life - even more important than me, his only son. Then he laughed for nearly an hour. Then he told me to send in the nurse, the redhead with the legs. It was the longest conversation we ever had.

This Boba Fett action figure meant the world to me. I kept it clean, safe, protected from the world. Now, it's ruined - covered in horse saliva and what I can only hope is chocolate.

It's not chocolate.

You already knew that. You could have warned me before I licked it.

I don't even want to know what happened to my Millennium Falcon.

About Me

My photo
Ryan Callahan has written, produced, or directed shows for ABC, A&E, SHowtime, The CW, TVLand, Animal Planet and other networks even lower on your dial. When not making TV, or writing fake answers, he reads books, buys books, or buys books to read later. Follow WikiFakeAnswers on Twitter and Facebook