Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Q: Can an elephant flip over a semi truck?

A: That truck was like that when I got here.

I'm pretty sure that truck's always been there. I'm pretty sure that truck's always been like that. 

It looks less like a recent accident and more like a fossil, a relic of a bygone era when semi-trucks ruled the land and men of all ages worshiped truck drivers like heroes, a time when a man was judged not by the color of his skin, or the quality of his character, but by the size and bushiness of his moustache, a time when women wore little tiny denim shorts over sheer panty hose and no one had a problem with it, a time when a man could have a chimpanzee for a best friend and no one would look twice, a time when every man, woman and child over the age of 6 had a CB handle, a time when people used words and phrases like "breaker" and "ten-four, good buddy" without irony, a time when a group of friends, posing as paramedics, could steal an ambulance, enter a cross-country race and -

 - Yes, that's my elephant. Are you going to let me finish my thought, or are you going to keep asking me a bunch of rude questions? 

About Me

My photo
Ryan Callahan has written, produced, or directed shows for ABC, A&E, SHowtime, The CW, TVLand, Animal Planet and other networks even lower on your dial. When not making TV, or writing fake answers, he reads books, buys books, or buys books to read later. Follow WikiFakeAnswers on Twitter and Facebook