Thursday, June 9, 2011

Q: What do you call a get together for the bride to be for the second marriage?

A: We're still deciding. We're having a banner made for Jen' party and we don't know what it should say.

"Happy Bachelorette Party!" seems a little trite.

"Happy Bachelorette Party 2.0, This Time It's Forever!" might sound like we're mocking her.

Trudy suggested we call it a  "Celebration of Love / Self Defense Seminar," but we really want to avoid any mention of her previous marriage. But, we will give her some coupons for self-defense classes, just in case. Her new fiance seems like a nice guy, but you can never can be too careful. Jen does have a certain type.

I like "Half Of All Marriage End In Divorce - Statistically Speaking, This One is Bound to Succeed!" but I was overruled. People don't like to mix math with their parties.

"Happy Weekend Obligation to Support Our Insecure Friend!" really hits the nail on the head, but I worry it might really upset Jen, due to her painful insecurities. She's pretty needy. I mean, she just met this guy three months ago and they're already getting married. She's been divorced less than a year. I haven't even had a boyfriend in four years. Would it kill her to be alone for a bit?

You know what? We're going to keep it simple and call it a Bachelorette Party. I'll have the banner say, "Happy Bachelorette Party, Jen!"

I'll order two banners. I have a feeling we'll need another one next year.

About Me

My photo
Ryan Callahan has written, produced, or directed shows for ABC, A&E, SHowtime, The CW, TVLand, Animal Planet and other networks even lower on your dial. When not making TV, or writing fake answers, he reads books, buys books, or buys books to read later. Follow WikiFakeAnswers on Twitter and Facebook