Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Q: When are the next bunch of shoulder buddies coming out?

A: I knew we'd have this conversation someday. I guess I've put it off long enough. Maybe I should have told you this before your first day of school.

Oh, well.

Son, there will never be any more "shoulder buddies." There's no such thing. What I lovingly refer to as your "shoulder buddy" is actually the head of your parasitic twin. Your deceased parasitic twin.

I understand how exciting it is to meet new kids, or to meet kids at all, or or be out in public and not locked up in the attic. In retrospect we probably should have seen this coming. I'm not mad at you. I understand why you wanted to show off your "shoulder buddy."

I hope you understand the reactions of the other kids. Their screams of horror were only natural. As was the name calling. Even the rock throwing makes sense. I think they went too far with the torches, but, they're kids. They don't know any better. They kind of see you as a freak.

You know I don't see you as a freak. You know that I love you, and your little "shoulder buddy."

Now give me a hug.

Other side.

About Me

My photo
Ryan Callahan has written, produced, or directed shows for ABC, A&E, SHowtime, The CW, TVLand, Animal Planet and other networks even lower on your dial. When not making TV, or writing fake answers, he reads books, buys books, or buys books to read later. Follow WikiFakeAnswers on Twitter and Facebook