Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Q: What is a liver disease that is often the result of drinking heavily for many years?

A: I don't know. I don't drink. I can't. I had my liver removed.

I had a perfectly healthy liver, but my niece was very ill and she needed a liver transplant. So I donated my liver. The entire thing.

Turns out you kind of need that. I probably should have had a second opinion. Or a first opinion. I probably should have run this whole scenario by a doctor at least once. Self-performed surgery is not simple matter and should not be undertaken lightly.

The worst part is that my niece contracted graft-versus-host disease and her body rejected the liver. Turns out we didn't share the same blood type. Again, this is where a doctor would have come in handy. So now she's dead and I don't have a liver.

On the bright side, I've lost a lot of weight!

About Me

My photo
Ryan Callahan has written, produced, or directed shows for ABC, A&E, SHowtime, The CW, TVLand, Animal Planet and other networks even lower on your dial. When not making TV, or writing fake answers, he reads books, buys books, or buys books to read later. Follow WikiFakeAnswers on Twitter and Facebook