Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Q: How many times does it mention in the bible God loves you?

A: Hundreds of times.

On every page.

In big, bold, red letters.

Big, bold, red,  handwritten letters. Handwritten in crayon.

Probably by my grandmother.

And sure, there are some typos. That's to be expected. She was very old. And troubled.

For instance, sometimes instead of "God," she writes "Doug." Doug was her husbands name.

And instead of "loves," she writes "hates."

And instead of "you," she writes "Jews."

But the message is still pretty clear. God loves me. And my grandmother wants me to know.

Why else would she write the inscription "There are many lessons in here. Learn them. Save yourself"?

And why else would she give me this Bible on her death bed, and say "I want you to have this. You are my favorite grandson. Only you can carry on our work"?

And why else would she leave me her most prized possession, her VHS copy of Schindler's List, or as she called it, "The most inspirational movie in the world. As long as you ignore the third act"?

About Me

My photo
Ryan Callahan has written, produced, or directed shows for ABC, A&E, SHowtime, The CW, TVLand, Animal Planet and other networks even lower on your dial. When not making TV, or writing fake answers, he reads books, buys books, or buys books to read later. Follow WikiFakeAnswers on Twitter and Facebook