Thursday, January 27, 2011

Q: How is a cricket's digestive system different from humans?

A: First of all, it's much smaller. Significantly smaller.

Really tiny.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same. There's a stomach, and an intestine, and a colon. There's also this thing called a gizzard. I don't think you have one of those. At least I didn't see one during the operation. But, to be honest, there was a lot going on, and people were shouting, and I was still kind of drunk.

I wasn't planning on working today. I thought I had the day off. Turns out, I misread the schedule.

At least, that's what I tell people. Between you and me, I'm trying to get fired. I hate it here. I never wanted to be a surgeon. That was my father's dream. I've always wanted to sing.

I've tried everything to get fired. I've shown up late, shown up drunk, sexually harassed every nurse and orderly I see ... and nothing. Absolutely nothing. They kept sending me into the OR.

But I think I've solved that problem.

They're going to have to fire me for this one. How can they possibly employ a surgeon who replaced a patient's entire digestive system with the digestive system of a cricket? It just won't make any sense.

Oh, by the way, try not to eat anything bigger than a pea, or it will get really ugly, real quick.

About Me

My photo
Ryan Callahan has written, produced, or directed shows for ABC, A&E, SHowtime, The CW, TVLand, Animal Planet and other networks even lower on your dial. When not making TV, or writing fake answers, he reads books, buys books, or buys books to read later. Follow WikiFakeAnswers on Twitter and Facebook